What you'll learn
- Causes of different types of disputes and conflicts
- How to select analytical tools to assess disputes and conflicts
- Institutions and mechanisms for dispute resolution
- How to facilitate effective and accessible dispute resolution
- Options in policy, law and practice for reducing tenure-related tensions
About this course
This course provides guidance on managing competition over the use of land, fisheries and forests. It introduces a process for analyzing the underlying causes of disputes and conflicts. It also illustrates a range of dispute resolution mechanisms and options for policy and legal reforms to prevent disputes and reduce vulnerability to conflict.